Policy Advocacy ( Research & Consultancy Department)
Advocacy Policy (Research and Consultancy Department) of Kano Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture (KACCIMA)’s mission is to protect and promote the interests of the business community. In order to achieve its mission, KACCIMA needs to implement best practices, render up-to-the-standard services and undertake advocacy activities with a view to promote trade and investment. One of the strategies designed to realize this mission is conducting studies and research works to identify the hurdles affecting the trade and investment activities and to offer the necessary advocacy services based on the results of the researches.
The Advocacy Policy (Research and Consultancy Department)major responsibilities include analysing implications of new policies, regulations and directives businesses and developing the Chamber’s position on the issues through a consultative process with business representatives. It also facilitates and coordinates the activities of the Working Committees and is in charge of the relations with the Business Associations and the Sectoral Associations.
KACCIMA has set different goals in its five years strategic plan document and some of the major goals to be attained by the Policy Advocacy Department are:-
- · Influence and actively work to change policies and laws that negatively affect business
- · Transform KACCIMA to a premier forum and focal point for policy initiatives and synergy creation.
- · Continuously sensitize government executive bodies and legislators about business related problems and constraints with a view to improving implementation
- · Maximize benefits for local businesses from international trade arrangements.
- Create a strong bond between KACCIMA & its members and ensure members active participation
- · Enhance the competitiveness of members through imparting knowledge, skill and information
- · Tap into member’s capacity to share experiences and best practices for wide dissemination