The Kano Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Mines, and Agriculture (KACCIMA) are the organizes of each year Trade Fair which is staged with the support and cooperation of the Federal and State Governments which will cover all aspects of business and economic activities in Nigeria. It offer a, unique exposition for manufacturers, supplier, buyers, and users of wide range of goods and services as well as opportunities for investment promotion.
The Fair attracts a wide range of people within and outside the country including businessmen, investors, customers, top government officials and representative of Nigeria's important trading houses and those seeking joint venture partnership. Further more, eminent dignitaries, decision makers, and economic/business consultants from all Nigeria will visit the fair on a daily basis throughout it's duration. Numerous States Government, Federal/State Government agencies and foreign Embassies wil also be in attendance. The fair serve as an avenue to get to the enormous business opportunities and environment existing in Kano in particular and Nigeria in general.
The main objective of the fair are :
- To promote revitalization and diversification of the Nigerian Economy.
- To promote Nigeria's non-oil exports.
- To promote accelerated development of Commerce and Industry.
- To promote Made-in-Nigeria goods.
- To promote agriculture and agro-based industry.
- To spotlight the evolution of the Nigeria's Trade with the outside world.
- To direct attention to the role of private sector in the Nigerian economy, and
- To indiccate prospects for foreign and local private investment in strategic areas.
Exhibitions are one of the most effective fora for establishing and maintaining customer relations. In an increasingly digital age, they are the only media where buyer, seller, and product physically come together- a potent force for business.In respect to Kano, exhibitions are welcome because, Kano is the commerical nerve centre of the northern state of Nigeria and by no less a business focal point in the country and by extension in the continent of Africa.
Common reasons for attending exhibitions includes :
- To consolidate business relationships.
- To solve specific problems.
- To find new markets.
- To appoint agents/seek principals.
- To discuss specific terms/conditions/pricing.
- To obtain technical knowledge.
- To discuss business needs in a neutral environment.
Exhibitions are also opened for :
- Business organisations in Nigeria
- Overseas Organisations and government
- ECOWAS member states
- Diplomatic Missions and Trade Representatives
- Federal and State Government-owned companies
- Agencies and Parastatals
- Research and Educational institutions